So I was called into the Bishops office... which is inevitable in our new ward since we are so small. Anyways, it went something like this:
First Counselor: "The Lord gives callings that fit our needs... etc, etc, etc"
My brain: "Oh no, primary? nursery? thats the speach they give before dreaded callings"
First Counselor: "... Which is good because I personally don't know anything about this calling... blah, blah"
My brain: "Oh no, family history? what else would he not know much about? COME ON, tell me... its killing me!!"
First Counselor: "... RS sports director..."
My brain: "Relief!!"
First Counselor: "You don't look surprised"
Me: "What can I say... the Lord knows my needs :)" in other words.. NOT primary.
There is a group of us girls in the ward, mostly on my street, that basically play every sport, even though we suck. Basically we were the bottom ranking team in basketball, but we were undefeated in softball, and now volleyball is looking pretty good even though we lost one game already. The girls laugh that we are the "jocks" of the ward. So sports director will be great... I already know who can be coach. They say that I might need to help out with the young women sports, since there are only 2 girls. I know, weird ward. A billion babies and nursery kids, decent sized junior primary, 10 kids in senior primary, 2 young women, and 10 young men at best (usually only a few show). Scott is the secretary in young mens. I think he will like it.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End of year recap
January 6th the girls did a great job on their piano recital. January 7th Olivia did French Club. January 11th Olivia had her first basketba...
-
We got to make a trip to Disneyland with the Moss family. Grandma and Grandpa Moss, Grandma Stephens, Christine and Michael, Alyssa, Jake an...
-
So it has been pretty obvious that I have been MIA. A lot has happened in the last couple months. I wanted to write all about it, but in rea...
-
Trick-or-Treat!! Our Halloween was eventful... we carved pumpkins... (although Addie did not want to touch the "guts", she just...
3 comments:
That is so funny.... I know you will do a good job.. I am going to have to move in next door to keep adelyn when you go to all your sports stuff!!!! love ya Mom
Congrats! I love having fun callings! I just got called to be the Girls camp Director... Exciting!
Sounds like a fun calling that you will be great at. I would have panicked. hahaha.
Post a Comment