To top it off I made soup and rolls from scratch (using food storage items). Anyone who knows me will know that I am not a good bread maker (so if anyone wants to show me how...). I opened our first bucket and wheat, ground it by hand (I got a hand grinder for Christmas), and made rolls. They actually turned out great (and by great I mean the best I have ever made them). The soup wasn't too bad either.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Food Storage
Food storage hasn't always been important to us, but during unemployment we realized that a lot of our food storage was expired (and how it disappears quickly). We resolved to complete our food storage as soon as Scott got another job. We have been lucky enough to receive a lot of food storage from Scott's grandma when she died, but we still needed a lot more. Scott and I went to the cannery yesterday and got some more food storage. This was my first experience at the cannery and I really enjoyed it. You have to wear gloves, hair nets (they even made Scott wear a beard net for his goatee- where was my camera? we looked like polygamists), and can your own stuff. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs more food storage. We were able to can about 115 cans in under 2 hours. We are proud of ourselves :). We had to bring it all home in our snow-filled truck, so we let the boxes air out before putting them in a closet (that is why they are on their sides):

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End of year recap
January 6th the girls did a great job on their piano recital. January 7th Olivia did French Club. January 11th Olivia had her first basketba...
-
We got to make a trip to Disneyland with the Moss family. Grandma and Grandpa Moss, Grandma Stephens, Christine and Michael, Alyssa, Jake an...
-
Trick-or-Treat!! Our Halloween was eventful... we carved pumpkins... (although Addie did not want to touch the "guts", she just...
-
So it has been pretty obvious that I have been MIA. A lot has happened in the last couple months. I wanted to write all about it, but in rea...
4 comments:
What are you two turning into? Food storage galor...wow - I'm super impressed.
Wow.. I need to take lessons from you!
You're Superwoman! Isn't food storage awesome? I'm totally addicted.
well yuor rolls look better then last time! not so runny this time lol! maybe when i come i can show you how things are suppose to be done.
Post a Comment