Thursday, January 8, 2009

Diet Changes

Ever since Adelyn quit nursing she has been on soy milk. She seemed to do OK with the soy formula, but was sensitive to soy milk. She would be fussy and refuse to drink straight soy milk. So for a long time we mixed half formula with half milk in order for her to get used to it. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I decided it was time to get rid of the formula and feed her just milk. She would get diarrhea and a serious diaper rash (that would even bleed). So we went back to formula, which stopped the diarrhea, and then transitioned to rice milk. What an improvement! No more rash or diarrhea and she is super hyper. In the past she would really want to be carried everywhere, walk or play slowly, and not really entertain herself. I didn't know any different... until now. Addie will run in circles, entertain herself, and eat tons more. I feel bad we didn't realize that soy was making her feel yucky even though she is not allergic. Other people have told me the same story about soy and their kids... sometimes it just makes them sick. Well, yea for rice milk. And the best part?? I can buy tons at Costco and it doesn't have to be refrigerated until opened! Now I just need to figure out what to do with all the extra soy milk we have in our fridge.

No comments:

End of year recap

January 6th the girls did a great job on their piano recital. January 7th Olivia did French Club. January 11th Olivia had her first basketba...