Yesterday we took Adelyn in for allergy testing. They tested her for wheat, soy, milk, egg, peanuts, and all the tree nuts. I guess fish is an adult allergy so she shouldn't be allergic to it. The test rates on a scale of 0-4 (zero being no reaction and four the most). Adelyn scored a 3+ for milk and 2+ for eggs. She scored zero on the rest. I thought it was a good thing... we already knew she was allergic to milk and eggs, at least we don't have to add more to the list. The allergist said that babies can be born with a tolerance to a food, later become allergic, and then finally (hopefully) grow out of it. He thinks Adelyn is somewhere between having the allergy and growing out of it. Yahoo! Most cases like this, where the child is only allergic to milk and eggs, they grow out of it by the time they are 2 or 3. Good news. I do get to carry around an Epipen (just in case) but I don't think we will have to use it. Adelyn will just do a follow up visit in the summer, but hopefully the allergy is gone by then. Until then, the struggle continues to find food that does not contain milk or eggs.
I also wanted to put a plug in that Adelyn is Binky-free... and has been for a while! Yahoo.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
End of year recap
January 6th the girls did a great job on their piano recital. January 7th Olivia did French Club. January 11th Olivia had her first basketba...
-
We got to make a trip to Disneyland with the Moss family. Grandma and Grandpa Moss, Grandma Stephens, Christine and Michael, Alyssa, Jake an...
-
So it has been pretty obvious that I have been MIA. A lot has happened in the last couple months. I wanted to write all about it, but in rea...
-
Trick-or-Treat!! Our Halloween was eventful... we carved pumpkins... (although Addie did not want to touch the "guts", she just...
2 comments:
ohhh! an epipen! Can i use it? I've always wanted to stab someone with one of those. that's the reason i became a paramedic infact. Then sadly when it was too late i realized that on the ambulnace they don't use those- they just give IV meds. sad day.
Sar- I hope that she does grow out of it for ya. I miss ya tons thanks for all you do.
Post a Comment