The 4th of July weekend is always busy/fun for us. We started the holiday with a mad dash to the nursery to get the plants we want for our yard. The nursery always does a 50% off everything sale on this weekend. We were fortunate enough to discover that the sale actually started on the 3rd so the day before we scoped out the exact plants we wanted. On the 3rd we stood in line to fight for our desired plants (you see, this sale is extremely popular). Kit and Kayla will testify to this, as they helped us out last year by standing by trees to guard them. Thanks guys!! The backyard looks great. Anyhow... This year was it was just Scott and me (and Addie) so I had to stand guard by myself. Well, we got all the plants we wanted, which was lucky because some of the plants we wanted there were only one or two in the whole nursery. Then we spent the rest of the day planting the front yard. I think it looks great! Here is a picture:
On the 4th of July we got up and went to a parade and then to a BBQ at the Moss home with tons of cousins. While making homemade root beer Addie tried to play in the dry ice. It was cute, she even tried to eat it.
After the BBQ we played frisbee football and then we headed off to the city fireworks show. I love the show, they put it to music and do a great job. Addie LOVED it. We weren't sure she would, but she would sit and clap at the fireworks. It was so fun. She even sat still on my lap for about 3 minutes... ahhhh. Today we went to a museum and to dinner with Scotts family. And now off to the block party. Needless to say, we have had a lot of fun. Addie is running on little sleep (she refuses to sleep anywhere except her own bed, and maybe a few minutes in the car) and is very cranky, but Sunday is a day of rest... right?? Here are more pictures of our weekend:
(Taking a nap with dad between activities)

(Playing with a glow-ball while waiting for the fireworks show to begin)

(Clapping at the fireworks... she especially loved the purple ones)

4 comments:
hey correction it was me and katie not lindsay and katie. last year lindsay was here at home getting engaged. anyways addie is getting so big i love how she is trying to eat the dry ice thats really cute. i cant wait to see ya. i love ya
Ooops... sorry, fixed it.
I was getting engaged last year, not saving trees- sorry but I'd rather not be all "sappy"- haha!! Crazy to think I've been engaged for a year now..... and only married for 6 months- ah! Anyways, I love your front yard! I wish I could come see it sometime. Looks like you all had fun- and little Addie is growing up so fast!
ILY
How cute! Sounds like a really fun weekend. Hmm.. there are pros and cons with getting them to sleep in their cribs, eh? Oh well! :)
Post a Comment