Friday, January 25, 2013

The Sweetest Things

Although caring for young children can be exhausting, there are moments that touch my heart and I hope to remember for a lifetime. Yesterday, Olivia and I picked Addie up from her classroom. Adelyn's class had just finished a party and cookies were being handed out. Because of Adelyn's allergies, the teacher offers a substitute treat. Adelyn went to the teachers desk to see what her treat was ad the teacher gave her two options, a sucker or two mints. Adelyn took a second to think, but then decided on the mints. She walked back to Olivia and promptly gave her one. It touched my heart to see Adelyn be so thoughtful of her sister.

The girls care for each other deeply and miss each other like crazy when separated. Olivia will complain almost everyday while Addie is in school about how much she misses her. The girls will often bicker over who's turn it is for the "ducky spoon", or who gets a certain stool to sit on, but sometimes one or the other will politely share with the other. I love these moments.

I love these girls and hope that they continue to love each other forever.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I think it's been awhile since I looked at your blog! SO CUTE!!! I LOVE all the pictures of your sweet little girls! WE MISS THEM.. and you of course :-) ILY

End of year recap

January 6th the girls did a great job on their piano recital. January 7th Olivia did French Club. January 11th Olivia had her first basketba...