Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kauai: Days 6-7

Day 6: Wednesday morning my parents and I explored around the condo. The Cliffs are located on a cliff (hence the name) but there was a small trail leading down to the rocks on the waters edge. On the way we passed a small waterfall. The water is crystal clear and we tried to follow the coastline to find an easy access to the ocean. We were not successful, but it was fun to explore.

alternative text 
That afternoon Scott and my mom had scheduled surfing lessons at Hanalei Bay. They had a great time, and kept their surfboards the rest of the day. I even got up on the board once or twice. 
alternative text

alternative text 

I really enjoyed Kauai, it is called the Garden Island for a reason. It is beautiful. We loved that there weren't too many tourists around. However, there was one thing that I didn't love about it... the rain. It rained quite a bit (on the North Shore, where we spent most of our time).  So although it was sunny and warm... I spent some time looking doing this: (protecting myself and our stuff from the wind and rain)

alternative text 

Day 7: Thursday we headed down to the east side of the island and rented some kayaks. We kayaked up the Wailua river to the Fern Grotto and then took a hike to Secret Falls.

alternative text

alternative text

alternative text

alternative text 

While we were kayaking my grandma took a class on watercolor and painted a beautiful picture. It will always remind me of Kauai.

alternative text

No comments:

End of year recap

January 6th the girls did a great job on their piano recital. January 7th Olivia did French Club. January 11th Olivia had her first basketba...