My sister and I packed up our kids, crammed as much as we could in my car, and drove up to Washington for two weeks. We had an awesome time, and I am missing it already. We stayed busy but also got to relax a lot. Addie had so much fun, she would be exhausted by the end of the day. She got to play in the mud, sand, and dirt as much as she wanted.

She also got to ride horses, finger paint, and play in the water. Seriously, how much more fun could you have?


We took an interesting hike up to the old Franklin Cemetery. Franklin used to be a mining city. All that is left now is the cemetery, a covered mining shaft (going 1500 ft straight down), and some old rail tracks. It was hard to read the engravings on the headstones, but it appeared that those buried there died young. The area is seriously overgrown and eroded. I was afraid that we might see a casket, or worse, a body. Luckily we didn't but it was a beautiful hike.

1 comment:
I'm pretty sure we need to go back already! :-)
Post a Comment